JOB TITLE: Café Assistant
Education Omi seeks Teaching Artists for Camp Omi, a 6-week, arts-based summer program running from June 26 through August 4.
The Teaching Artist will collaborate with another T.A. to build a curriculum meeting the creative, developmental, and experiential needs of children from 4 to 13 years old.
6 Positions Available in the following areas:
- Creative Studies (writing, art-in-nature, science in art, interdisciplinary art and ideas)
- "Artgarten" (4-5 year-old program, MUST have early childhood experience)
- Teaching experience, preferably with primary school-aged children
- An active art practice
- Ability to be flexible and communicate well with others
- Dedication to planning and studio preparation
- Knowledge of contemporary artists and artworks
- College Degree or current college student status preferred
- Must be 18+
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Collaborate with fellow Teaching Artist to build a 6 week curriculum
- Submit weekly lesson plans, including lesson goal, projected activities, materials needed and artist/artwork inspiration
- Implement daily lessons
- Set up and clean up of daily studio and materials
- Manage and supervise groups of children through daily activities when not teaching
- Attend all staff meetings
- Participate in all other aspects of the scheduled day including lunch and snack times, swimming, and play.
- 35 hours per week Teaching and managing children
- 5 hours per week planning projects, preparing materials, and attending staff meetings
- 6 weeks total- June 24 - August 5 (plus 1-2 planning meetings)
- Compensation- $15.00/hr
To be considered for a Teaching Artist position, please email your cover letter and resume to Sasha Sicurella, email@example.com.