Economic Impact Statement for Columbia County and Surrounding Region
The following data is based on an expense budget of $1.2 million in 2012.
LOCAL JOBS: Omi employed 50 local residents, total earnings including benefits were approximately $606,500.
- 20 employees worked year round (2 full time & 18 part time - 2 to 4 days per week)
- 30 employees worked during Omi's season from March to October
- 15 of those are high-school students
GOODS AND SERVICES: Omi contributed approximately $419,000 into the local economy.
- 136+ businesses
- 82 local businesses, 68 of which are small unique businesses
- 16 Independent contractors
- 7 Local artists
FREE LOCAL EVENTS: Omi hosted 30 events
- 2,800 people attended 23 Omi sponsored events
- 13,000 Sculpture Park visitors
- 3 events hosted for the benefit of other non-profit organizations
- 4 collaborations with other local arts organizations
EDUCATION OPPORTUNITIES FOR LOCAL STUDENTS: Omi's education program offers 23 weekly, 6 school break and 7 week summer art camp for local children; 6 student exhibitions; and 20 school and CoArc groups.
- 442 attended art workshops
- 191 attended summer camp
- 293 attended student exhibitions and family events
- 626 school children attended school sponsored workshops
- 12 teen volunteers doing community service
ONE TIME LARGE CAPITAL PROJECTS SINCE 2008: Omi spent $1,630,000 employing local contractors and sourcing materials locally/regionally for two building projects in recent years.
- $1.2 million on The Charles B. Benenson Visitor Center and Gallery
- $350,000 on three Education Pavilions
- $80,000 on a permanent artist installation by Alice Aycock
Bruce Burnett, Antrev Inc.
John Cross, Artist
Tarik Currimbhoy, Sanastone
Matthew Doering, Global Gateway Advisors, President and Senior Partner
Alan Fishman, Chairman, Brooklyn Academy of Music and Ladder Capital
Francis Greenburger, Chairman of Omi, Inc., Chairman and CEO of Time Equities, Inc.
Abby Hamlin, Hamlin Ventures
Renee Iacone, Artist, and Co-owner Kinderhook Farms
Robert Kantor, President, Time Equities, Inc.
Anders U. Schroeder, Chairman, Asgard Group
Joe Thompson, Director, MASS MoCA