Jobs & Internships
Visitor Services Assistant
Part-Time, 9 a.m. to 5 p.m., Saturday - Tuesday, with opportunity for growthRate: $13/hour
The Visitor Services Associate position plays an important role increating a sense of welcome and hospitality at Art Omi’s Benenson Visitors Center, Gallery, and The Fields Sculpture Park. As the direct form of communication between the public and Art Omi, you will be building community through communication, maintaining current supporters and turning first-time visitors into lifelong, loyal fans of Art Omi.
Main responsibilities include actively and attentively greeting and informing visitors, responding to in-person, online and telephone visitor inquiries, and operating the cafe during weekdays. You will maintain knowledge about current Art Omi exhibitions, residencies, and special events, as well as the greater art communities. Additional responsibilities include maintaining orderly and organized desk and office areas, assisting with programming and events, and various other administrative and hospitality duties. The Visitor Services Associate reports to the Director of Operations.
TASKS INCLUDE BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO:
- Engage all visitors of Art Omi; offering the highest level of personalized visitor experience with a knowledgeable, positive, supportive, and kind attitude
- Encourage joining our email list and membership to all first-time visitors
- Respond to in-person, online, telephone visitor inquiries and other office emails
- Work with Director of Operations to resolve visitor complaints or problems
- Maintain knowledge about exhibitions, residencies, and special events at Omi, as well as in the broader arts communities especially as it relates to artists currently on view at Omi
- Track guest count for The Fields
- Become proficient in Omi's systems: Drive, Excel, Asana, etc.
- Operate, restock, and clean the café during weekdays, open and close till
- Maintain cleanliness of Benenson Visitor Center and public restroom
- Maintain the loan equipment (bikes and golf cart), schedule and coordinate use
Send both a resume and cover letter with "Visitor Services Assistant" in the subject line to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Art Omi is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, sex, age, handicap, religion, or any other basis prohibited by law.
Architecture Program Associate
Part-Time, Start as soon as available [min 6-month commitment]Rate: $15/hr
The Architecture Program Associate will be responsible for supporting the unique Art Omi: Architecture program. Reporting to the Architecture Director the Program Associate will assist and coordinate the delivery of all program projects by undertaking a range of architectural and design duties and ensuring the effective and timely delivery of on-site, and occasional off-site, projects. The three primary components of the position include: construction and project management of installations and exhibitions, administrative and communications support, and special event preparation and management. Regular weekly communications and meetings with the Architecture Director, and ability to work at the Art Omi campus in Ghent, NY are required.
TASKS INCLUDE BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO:
- Communicate with outside architects, contractors, and vendors.
- Liaise with colleagues and contractors to meet project schedules and budgets
- Assist in relaying and explaining drawings, schedules, and specs of installations to others
- Organize installation crews and materials, as well as assist with installations as needed
- Report on field conditions, photo documentation, measuring, per project and year-round
- Carry out administrative tasks relevant to the production of architectural works/exhibitions
- Create and maintain schedule of the Architecture program’s annual exhibitions, openings, exhibition planning, board meeting, special visitors, residency, etc.
- Tracking of expenses and budgets of pavilions, exhibitions, events, in Architecture program
- Keep abreast of developments in architecture, design, construction, and related aspects.
- Local event planning for public openings and special events, including annual residency: invites, guest lists, accommodations, catering, special visitors, alumni, etc.
- Internal Art Omi leadership and staff communications and coordination
- Support external relations with the Architecture community at large
- Architecture education and/or background required.
- Construction project management experience, including coordinating field work by others
- Ability to read, understand, and interpret architectural plans, drawings, and specifications
- Strong oral and written communication skills and ability to work with a diverse team.
Send both a resume and cover letter with "Architecture Program Associate" in the subject line to email@example.com.