Employment + Volunteer Opportunities
Visitor Services Manager
Part Time, 32 - 40 hrs / weekRate: 15 / hr
The Visitor Services Manager position plays an important role in creating a sense of welcome and hospitality at Art Omi’s Benenson Center, Newmark Gallery, and Sculpture & Architecture Park. As the direct form of communication between the public and Art Omi, you will be building community through communication, maintaining current supporters and turning first-time visitors into lifelong, loyal fans of Art Omi.
Main responsibilities include actively and attentively greeting and informing visitors, responding to in-person, online and telephone visitor inquiries. You will maintain knowledge about current Art Omi exhibitions, residencies, and special events, as well as the greater art communities. Additional responsibilities:, scheduling of staff for all visitor related activities, creating and maintaining orderly and organized desk and office areas, new hire paperwork, and various other administrative duties. The Visitor Services Associate reports to the Director of Operations.
Visitor Services Responsibilities
- Engage all visitors of Art Omi; offering the highest level of personalized visitor experience with a knowledgeable, positive, supportive, and kind attitude
- Maintain knowledge about exhibitions, residencies, and special events at Art Omi, as well as in the broader arts communities especially as it relates - to artists currently on view at Art Omi
- Turn on / set up gallery and Park exhibitions and works as required
- Encourage joining our email list and membership to all first-time visitors
- Respond to in-person, online, telephone visitor inquiries and other office emails
- Work with Director of Operations to resolve visitor complaints or problems
- Create and post job descriptions; interview candidates for visitor services and park guides
- Participate in the ongoing training of visitor services staff and park guides
- Schedule event staff, schedule park tours, and occasional additional event support
- Track guest count and collect donations
- Update MailChimp lists, code Square and Amex reports, weekly cash reports
- Become proficient in all Art Omi’s systems: Google Drive, Microsoft Office, Dropbox, Asana, etc.
- Create systems of organizing visitor center and office related storage
- Maintain cleanliness of visitor center and public restrooms
- Operate, restock, clean the café during weekdays, open and close till
- Inventory and purchase office supplies
- Maintain equipment: iPad and printers functional, restock paper in printers, etc.
- Maintain the loan equipment (bikes / golf cart), schedule and coordinate use
To apply, send letter of interest and resume to email@example.com.
Are you passionate about the arts and have a desire to work with children in a creative environment? We welcome energetic, self-motivated teens to apply for volunteer positions with Art Omi: Education. Volunteering with our team is a great way to learn about arts education while serving your local community and having fun! All positions for Camp Omi 2019 are occupied. Please see below about other opportunities to volunteer.
We currently offer the following volunteer opportunities:
Saturday Kids' Workshops
- Students must commit to a minimum of 4 consecutive Saturdays.
- Halloween: Saturday, October 26, 2019
- Ages 14+
Applications are accepted and reviewed on an ongoing basis. To become a volunteer for these programs, please email Sasha Sicurella at firstname.lastname@example.org to arrange an interview.