Artists Open Weekend: Open Studios
1 – 5 PM
Where else in Columbia County can you see the work of 30 international artists in one place? After our relaxing Country Brunch, take a short stroll down to the studio barns, and see what the artists have been working on for the past 4 weeks, along with additional events and installations to be announced! Free and open to the public, no RSVP required.
12:45 - 2:00 PM
Platform across from silo
12:45 PM - 1:15 PM
1:30 PM - 2 PM
1:45 -2:15 PM
2:45 - 3:15 PM
3:30 - 4 PM
Hallway 1st Fl Barn
4:00 - 4:15 PM
Prior to Open Studios, Art Omi celebrates our international artists-in-residence and with a country brunch on the lawn of Ledig House. Join us for mimosas, a carving station, and fresh fruit to fuel up before you head down to the Studio Barns! Tickets are required to attend Country Brunch, and can be purchased at the door.
The Virtual Drawing Group invites Art Omi's extended community to draw along at home! Virtual Drawing Group participants share their work and connect with the group via a weekly Zoom session on Thursday at 5 pm EST. All styles and media welcome. Pre-registration is required.
You can also engage with by completing the weekly prompts and tagging your work on Instagram or Facebook! Use #artomi and #educationomi to share your work.
- November 12 / Abstraction: Create an abstract drawing based on the human figure.
- November 19 / Free share: share your recent figure drawing works.
- December 3 / Inspired pose: Make a figure drawing based on a famous work of figurative art.
- December 17 / Costume: Create a figure drawing with distinctive clothing, dress or costume.
- December 31 / Chiaroscuro: make a figure drawing with boldly contrasting lights and darks.
Past session image galleries:
- April 23: Figure and Nature Combined
- April 30: Figures from Quarantine
- May 7: News Figures
- May 14: Mixed Media
- May 21: Unconventional Tools
- May 28: Focus on Portraits
- June 4: Blind or Semi-Blind Contour
- June 11: Figures from Memory
- June 18: Open Share
- July 2: Three Tone Series
- July 23: Movement
- August 13: Emotive Figures
- August 27: Using Text
- September 10: Monochromatic Color Scheme
- Sept 24: Abstraction
Join us on Saturday mornings for safe exploration of the Sculpture & Architecture Park and art-making for kids ages 5-12. Weekly workshops host a maximum of twelve children, with a minimum of two teachers. This program will be held almost entirely outdoors with art-making occurring under the open-air Education Pavilions.
Open Figure Drawing for Adults gathers Monday and Wednesday evenings to sketch, draw, and render from a live model. Open to artists of all skill levels ages 16+, each two-hour sessions is self-guided and intended to provide time and space for members of our local community to share in the exploration of this traditional art practice. Please note that pre-registration is required.