Saturday Children's Workshops
10 AM – 12 PM
$18 or $30 for two siblings
Join us on Saturday mornings for safe exploration of the Sculpture & Architecture Park and art-making for kids ages 5-12. Weekly workshops host a maximum of twelve children, with a minimum of two teachers. Kids will discover and interact with new and familiar sculptures in the park then have an opportunity to create artwork based on a weekly theme. This program will be held almost entirely outdoors with art-making occurring under the open-air Education Pavilions. As always, Art Omi: Education will deliver engaging, developmentally-appropriate projects that encourage curiosity, experimentation, and creative thinking through a variety of materials and experiences.
These workshops are $18 or $30 for two siblings, and free for full-time, permanent Ghent families (through December 2020). To receive Ghent resident discount, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Important safety protocols will include:
- Art Omi: Education staff and children will practice social distancing as much as possible during the workshop.
- Art Omi: Education staff will be required to wear masks at all times.
- Participants will be expected to wash hands and/or sanitize hands upon arrival and at least once during the workshop.
- There will be no sharing of art materials. Children will be provided with individualized materials (mostly simple drawing tools) that will be sanitized before and after use.
- The workshops will occur mostly outdoors. Children should dress appropriately. All sessions will be held rain or shine. In the event of severe weather, class will be canceled and parents will be notified.
- Drop-off: An Art Omi: Education staff member will meet parents in their vehicle in the circular driveway at the entrance to the Benenson Center. Children will be checked in and guided inside where they will wait with a teacher until the group has arrived. Parents/Guardians will not enter the Benenson Center.
- Pick-up: Parents/Guardians will park at the Benenson Center lot and wait outside of the entrance. An Education staff member will walk each child to their parent/guardian.
- Register for October 10.
- Register for October 17.
- Register for October 24.
- Register for October 31.
- Register for November 7.
- Register for November 14.
- Register for November 21.
- Register for November 28.
- Register for December 5.
- Register for December 12.
- Register for December 19.
- Register for December 26.
The Virtual Drawing Group invites Art Omi's extended community to draw along at home! Virtual Drawing Group participants share their work and connect with the group via a weekly Zoom session on Thursday at 5 pm EST. All styles and media welcome. Registration is capped, and so participants are encouraged to reserve a spot in advance.
You can also engage with by completing the weekly prompts and tagging your work on Instagram or Facebook! Use #artomi and #educationomi to share your work.
Weekly Prompts & Zoom info:
- April 23: Figure and Nature Combined
- April 30: Figures from Quarantine
- May 7: News Figures
- May 14: Mixed Media
- May 21: Unconventional Tools
- May 28: Focus on Portraits
- June 4: Blind or Semi-Blind Contour
- June 11: Figures from Memory
- June 18: Open Share
- July 2: Three Tone Series
- July 23: Movement
- August 13: Emotive Figures
- August 27: Using Text
- September 10: Monochromatic Color Scheme
- Sept 24: Abstraction
Join us on Saturday mornings for safe exploration of the Sculpture & Architecture Park and art-making for kids ages 5-12. Weekly workshops host a maximum of twelve children, with a minimum of two teachers. This program will be held almost entirely outdoors with art-making occurring under the open-air Education Pavilions.
Open Figure Drawing for Adults gathers Wednesday evenings in the Newmark Gallery and on Zoom to sketch, draw, and render from a live model. Open to artists of all skill levels ages 16+, each two-hour sessions is self-guided and intended to provide time and space for members of our local community to share in the exploration of this traditional art practice. Please note that pre-registration is required.